Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Lavender Envy

Hello! I have an awesome color to show you all today. This is an older Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear, the color name is Lavender Envy. I'm not really sure how old this is, but I found it recently at Big Lots. First off this is definitely meant to be a layering polish, I was up to five coats and still had VNL when I gave up on seeing how many coats it takes to get this polish opaque.

Lavender Envy has a great formula, it is really easy to work with. However it is older and totally stinky, it made my eyes water!  I started this mani with two thick coats of OPI Rumple's Wiggin' a light purple from the Shrek collection. I then added one thin coat of Lavender Envy. I love, love, love the blue shimmer that is in Lavender Envy. It is gorgeous.

This picture shows how it looks in lower light situations. It looks like Rumple's Wiggin' with a little frost. Nice, but not amazing. 


Now for the amazing! These pictures show the blue shimmer that comes out when the light hits this mani. The pictures really don't do this color justice.




Then I decided that I should try Lavender Envy over black. I started with two coats of Essie Licorice, then topped it with a thin coat of Lavender Envy. When Lavender Envy is layered over black an even better blue shimmer appears!



I totally love this polish! If you don't already have it and you need it like I did, I would suggest finding it soon before its gone forever.

<3 Kim

1 comment: